The world may be starting to open up in phases but theres no guaranteeing when the overseas travel ban will be lifted or which countries will be first to lift the ban. These days the new norm is still constantly changing and as many brides have either re-scheduled their wedding dates or kept their dates in celebration, many have yet to take the honeymoon of their dreams. Life doesn't stop so your honeymoon plans shouldn't either.
"Don't listen to what they say, go see"- Proverb
After some research, we've compiled a list of our top 15 US destinations for the perfect mini moon to carry you over until the long awaited dream trip. This week we've got your top 5 honeymoon destinations on the east coast.
*Make sure to research beach openings prior to booking trips as they are varying per city and state.
*All photos are rightfully credited
1. St.Augustine , Florida
2. Kiawah Island, South Carolina
3. Mount Desert Island, Maine
4. Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
5. Virginia Beach, Virginia
St. Augustine, Florida
This beach town is filled with history and culture. Known to be one of the oldest cities in the US and for its Spanish colonial architecture. St. Augustine is nestled 40 miles south east from the city of Jacksonville and 55 miles north east from the famously known Daytona Beach!
- St. Augustine has over 40 miles of sandy beaches to explore
- San Sebastian Winery & St. Augustine Distillery- oh hello taste testing
- Castillo de San Marcos- explore a historical castle
- St. Augustine Wild Reserve- get up close and personal with the wild life
- The Historic District filled with local shops & eatery
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
A sea island located off the coast of South Carolina and 27 miles south of Charleston. This destination is for the golf lovers, widely known as one of the premier golf destinations on the East Coast. This island is sweetly wrapped with scenic beaches, outdoor activities, and spa retreats. We'd recommend staying a few days here and then heading to Charleston for a perfect balance of Southern charm and hospitality.
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort- recommended to stay in a resort but if not there are a bunch of adorable airbnb's near by
- The Spa at the Sanctuary Hotel - get a seaside massage at this 5 star location
- Beachwalker Park - access to the beach
Charleston, South Carolina
- Horse drawn carriage tour of historic Charleston
- Culinary walking food tour- explore some of the best southern cuisines
- Magnolia Plantation tour- historical plantation filled with stories
To travel and immerse yourself into a new destination or culture for your first time, no matter the budget, is true luxuryby Melissa Segebre-Stamnos
Mount Desert Island, Maine
The largest island off the coast of Maine and 2nd largest on the Eastern seaboard this little gem is mostly covered by the Acadia National Park with stunning views of the oceanfront cliffs and four towns to explore! Each with their own set of shops and great pubs, beaches, lakes, outdoor activities and history; Bar Harbor, Mount Desert, Southwest Harbor, and Tremont.
- Acadia National Park- miles of trails for hiking and biking
- If in season, test your luck at humpback whale watching in the gulf of Maine
- Watch the dreamy sunrise on Cadillac Mountain- the highest point on the Northern Atlantic seaboard
- Check out the Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse
- Eat your way through some of the best lobster rolls and ice cream on the east coast according to Thirllist
Martha's Vineyard, Mass.
Located off the South of Cape Cod is the 3rd largest island behind Mount Desert Island. There lies this idyllic American paradise known for its traditional New England cottages, lighthouses, and beaches. Martha's Vineyard is no stranger to the top destination lists and is one of the most coveted vacation destinations to the rich and famous.
- Take a bike ride to explore between the towns of Edgartown and Oak Bluffs
- Explore the local breweries on the island + superb seafood
- Take a day trip and rent a jeep to explore the neighboring towns such as Menemsha, where "Jaws" was filmed and Aquinnah where you'll be greeted by multi-colored clay cliffs (and the Gay Head Lighthouse) that will make you feel like you've reached the end of the world
- Meet the island's Alpacas- no need to go to South America, you'll find over 50 of them on the island
- Discover Mytoi Japanese Garden on Chappaquiddick - get in touch with your inner peace
Virginia Beach, Virginia
With a 3 mile boardwalk that stretches along the beach, this coastal city lies where the Chesapeake Bay kisses the Atlantic Ocean. Known to be family friendly and busy, Virginia Beach can cater to all. You will find an array of outdoor activities, arts, entertainment (day & night), and museums.
- First Landing State Park- discover nature and its ecosystem up close
- All sorts of land or water activities to choose from such as indoor sky diving, zip-lining, kayaking, paddle boarding, and fishing.
- Neptunes Park- grassy beachfront park with frequent live music
- A few distilleries, breweries, and wineries to let your taste buds explore
- Great day tours to choose from such as a wild horse tour or dolphin kayak eco tour
I hope you've enjoyed this read! Please share with your loved ones and let me know of any other great beach destinations on the East Coast you feel should have made this list!
***This is not a paid sponsorship post, the locations I chose was based off my research.
Queen Bee of Honeybee Bride and Head Honeymoon Wardrobe Stylist. Melissa is based in New Orleans, LA and lives with her husband and two fur babies, Grover & Bailey, who you will sometimes see living the good life on instagram.
Find inspiration to rock a new hair style while on your 'moon!
What's your honeymoon style, find out with this quiz!
Find out the story of who Honeybee Bride is and how we came about.